After reviewing many professional photographers web sites it is apparent to me that most photographers do not post price lists on their web site. The reason for this is they feel they need to personally present their value proposition to you. I would be glad to speak with you personally about my photographic passion and pricing. Until then, enjoy my web site, and please read on so you can understand what a professional photographer can offer you.
In today's world of selfies and phone cameras, more and more people are taking photographs every day. Typically those photographs are saved electronically and or pushed out to social media like Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and others.
There is no question that the quality of the camera may have an impact on the quality of the photograph, but the true quality of a photograph is comprised of composition, the quality and quantity of light and the ability to modify the captured image to produce the desired image. Many times they are one in the same, and many times they are not.
Most all commercial and professional grade pictures have not only been captured properly by the photographer, but also painstakingly edited in post processing. Most all photographs have something that could be made better in post processing, even after post processing and photo editing. This photo editing process could be anywhere from minutes, to hours and days for one photograph. These are the factors that set professional photographers apart from amateur photographers. A professional photographer should be able to:
- Know what the desired outcome should be
- Anticipate the moment of truth
- Capture the moment with a pre-planned composition already taken into consideration
- Edit the image in programs like Photoshop and Lightroom to produce the desired result.
- Produce output of the image optimized for the intended medium i.e. computers and social media, small prints, large or very large enlargements, email, etc.
- An amateur photographer once in a while does not know what he did to capture such a beautiful image. A professional photographer knows what he did to capture the image and how to repeat that process over and over.
- A great photograph is one in which you want to look at over and over, year after year. The picture has personal impact every time you look at it.
Pricing photographic services is all relative to the predictive value of the photo. If those values are important, I am fully qualified to provide those results or help you find someone who may be a better fit for your needs.
I look forward to hearing from you soon regarding your photography events and needs.
All consultations are free of charge.
Thomas E. Schmuki