Things I just cold turkey stopped doing
- Singing – a highly acclaimed vocalist. Genre’s included classical, jazz and pop music. John Denver, Dan Fogelberg and the Eagles … my go to comfort zone. When I sang you could hear a pin drop in the audience.
- Guitar, Piano, Cello playing. Never that great, but did it daily
- Basketball – played nearly every day from the 8th grade through my sophomore year in college
- Golf – played on the High School golf team, caddied for pro’s had a 3 handicap, wanted to become a pro but I was shooting mid 70’s on courses the pros would shoot low to mid 60’s on. Peter Principle was obvious and painful
- Tennis – 4.0-4.5 USTA ranked player. Won many club championships in singles, doubles and mixed doubles
- Church – that’s a LONG story
- Motorcycle riding – for nearly 20 years I rode almost daily, even in the snow storms of Utah. Now I am lucky to ride once a week
I was extremely passionate about most of the above items. Is photography next on the list? I hope not. Why do I bring that up? In the last few months I have met 3 photographers who seemed as passionate as me and one day just stopped taking pictures, sold all their camera gear and never looked back. Please Lord, let that NOT be me. I love it toooooooooo much! Besides I have a GAGGLE of photography gear.
If you want to know WHY I stopped doing the above items, just ask me...